Tuesday, December 12, 2006

3D in flash, Sandy AS2 VS Papervision AS3

Just read a post by Ralph Hauwert about the new papervision 3D engine and Flex. While I am waiting for the papervision BETA version, I thought why not start some 3D work with an existing engine : Sandy for AS2.

Offcourse the sandy site is a good starting point , also found a really nice tutorial by petit labs

So here is my first go: a box with an Texture skin that I copied, rotated, translated ..
view
source

Wait and see what's next :>



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

if you join mailing list on OSFlash
Papervision3D page you will be able to be involved in creating Papervision engine and download alpha release so you can play with
it really getting good and with wider range of possibilities

just to let you know ;)

Niels de Keizer said...

Yeeeh, I am going to join .. see you soon ..:>