Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Camera Fly through with Sandy

So after playing with sandy some more, I had this idea of a camera flythrough .. In sandy it's rather simple..

  • make a bezier path
  • use an pathInterpolator
  • hang the path interpolator on the camera

    view
    source

Only run into a sandy bug that when 1. the camera moves over 0,0,0 // or 2. past some objects which scale to large .. the objects come back in reverse :<

Posted a question on the tech forum and got a reaction the same day about the bug being fixed in the next days. Talk about quick response :>

Wouldn't it be grate to have an app which puts objects (foto's ??) in space and makes camera path's, where the camera moves over the path and looks at things along the path .. mmmm, maybe i will give this a try :>

Keep you posted ...

2 comments:

Clas le Petit said...

Hi!
Nice idea. Don't see why yo didn't get a comment on this earlier.
Well, you might be like me - no high profile ;)

However your idea is beautiful, and I'm sure you're welcome to present it in the sandy forum, if you haven't.

Others may like it as much as I do.
Surely something to develop.

Niels de Keizer said...

Hi, petit
Yeah I still like the idea much, did you see the follow up I have made ?

in IE http://www.dekeizer.net/nyls/3d/

The thing is I have now seen Papervision in action and that 3D engine rocks ! Also the guys developing for PV are really pushing it .. So I am doubting which engine to embrace, sandy the full very big engine... or pv the smaller but build for speed engine..